NICOR newsletter July 2023 edition
Welcome to NICOR’s July newsletter. As we approach the summer months, we have a lot to be proud of in the first quarter of this financial year and we have much to look forward to. The 2023 NICOR reports were published in June, and we are in the process on onboarding the new National Cardiac Audit
Programme, which comprises of total of 11 specialist domains.
I would like to thank everyone who has worked extremely hard on the delivery of our annual reports. They are very insightful and unfortunately show the continued detrimental effect to cardiovascular services following the COVID-19 pandemic with continued delays for treatment for patients. The reports highlight the priorities that need addressing to improve cardiovascular health services for patients.
We continue to finalise the improvements being made to increase automation and reporting real world contemporaneous data online. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support and contribution to NICOR.
John Deanfield CBE, NICOR Director
In this edition:
- National Cardiac Audit Programme (NCAP) Annual Report
- New registries and reporting
- New ways of reporting and data validation – Quality Improvement process
- Data Access Requests back up and running
- National Data Opt Out Exemption Granted for NCAP , TAVI data and new Structural Heart Interventions Registries
- Recent appointments
- Looking ahead for 2023/24
Read the July newsletter by downloading a copy.